Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SFMOMA

Went to SF MOMA this weekend and I can't say that I loved the art inside, but man was the building awesome! I took more photos of the building itself than the art inside! I guess I just don't understand modern art at all. I'm not saying there isn't any skill or thought going into the art, but personally, I just don't see it. Or rather, maybe it's more that I just don't like it. I mean, looking at some of the photos I took of the building, you can probably say that they are a bit abstract as well, so maybe it's not so much that I don't understand abstract art, but rather that the kind of art shown in the museum just didn't appeal to me. Maybe it was too messy and busy. I've always been more of a minimalist so maybe that's the reason? Also, I guess you don't have to understand the art in order to like it either. I mean, looking at my photos, I don't see any clear message or anything, I just think they look kind of cool, so maybe that's okay. Anyways, here are some photos. There are a couple more here.




No comments: