Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More flowers

It was raining this morning and I decided to take some pictures of the flowers in front of my house. Since it just stopped raining, there were some beautiful rain drops on the flowers that I just had to capture. Almost missed my morning shuttle :/

This brings up an issue that I've been trying to sort out lately. I even had a long discussion with a friend about it today. It deals with my passion as a photographer and why I take photos. Many of the books and DVDs that I've been reading/watching always say something about "telling a story" and I don't know if I should be trying to tell a story or have a message within my photos. I mean, at this point, I feel like I just want to take pictures of cool stuff, and especially learn to take pictures of cool stuff that other professional photographers are really good at taking and someday have a picture that's "cool" enough for me to blow up and hang up on my wall. So I guess the question is, is that okay? Am I missing the point of photography? Is my "passion" too superficial? Should I be trying to tell a story or do something for the greater good? Anyways, I guess I'll dive into this deeper in a later blog post, but that's just what I've been thinking about lately.



More pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/vashthest/Flowers#

No comments: