Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Zion National Park - Virgin Narrows - Day 2

Day 2. We stayed at Camp 4, which was around 100 ft or so from the river. It was also the first time I ever used a poop bag. It sounds like what it is and if you're interested, you can either look online for more info or I can tell you about it. Anyways, Day 2 was basically like Day 1, except the river was a lot colder and the current was a lot stronger. We also had more time on our hands so we screwed around a lot. We swam every chance we go when we found some area with deep enough water and also jumped from big boulders into the water (maybe 10 ft high). There were also some sections of the river that we had to swim through with our packs as well. That actually worked out pretty well because the packs were basically like personal flotation devices. And since everything in my bag was in a dry bag, I didn't have to worry about any of my stuff getting soaked and weighing me down.

We also passed by this awesome little tropical paradise like spot. It looked really out of place but it was really pretty. I think it's the best group shot of us too, even though Brandon wasn't in it. After that part, I put my camera away to protect it just in case I dropped it. There were a couple more parts that we had to swim through and since it was more or less the same, I stopped taking pictures. Everyone was also getting tired at the end too. Anyways, I really recommend doing the hike. It's a wonderful experience and something that's very unique too.


Packing up in the morning.


You can tell that the current is a lot stronger this time.


I just love how the light hits the leaves here.


Some more crazy rock formations on the canyon walls.


This is what the canyon looked like this time around.


Best group photo ever. I really love this shot. Reminds me of Lost or that this is an ad for some tropical paradise reality tv show. And yes, it's only with 5 guys. Brandon got kicked off already.




More waterfalls, I'm glad I brought my tripod.


Panorama shot of the place I'm talking about. It literally only takes up a corner of the wall. Pretty sweet place.


More scary narrows. I think this was one of the parts that we had to swim through.




Last group shot. You can tell everyone is tired.

For all the pictures, go here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27154058@N02/sets/72157624457612009/

No comments: