Sunday, June 27, 2010

Taking a tip from Jay Maisel

I recently watched a photo-walk with renowned photographer Jay Maisel and applied one of his tips on a recent mini photo-walk of mine: let the picture come to you / just stop walking (or something like that). Basically, it's find a nice background/composition and have the action come to you. In this case, I came across this interesting tiled wall and walked across the street to take some candids of people walking past. I guess the philosophy here is that if you are running around trying to take photos, you're missing lots of shots, so just stop and look around.

Here's my take:


And if you're interested, you can watch it his photo-walk at www.kelbytraining.com (for a price). It's called "A Day with Jay Maisel." Let me know what you think.

Here's Jay's take:

No comments: