Thursday, May 1, 2008

First blog post in years! (not counting the ones in INFO 204 of course)

So yea, this is my first blog post in years so please excuse me cause I'm a little out of practice. So why did I decide to start a blog again after all these years you ask? What could I possibly write about my life that I couldn't summarize in a couple words? Well... let me tell you by making a bulleted list (in joke)!
  • Honestly, one reason is that I don't wanna pay for web hosting, not because I'm super cheap or anything, but because it'd be a waste of money, since it'd take me forever to design a site that I'd be okay with showing to others. So that's why I'm currently using a basic template. This might change in the future, but for now, I'll keep it.
  • Another reason is because I wanted to check out the user interface for Google Analytics. The other day, I was trying to design some mocks and I was curious how Google Analytics displayed charts, since I remember it being pretty cool, but I just couldn't find any good screen shots online, so I tried to register a site to see the UI. However, since I didn't have any sites of my own and I didn't wanna pay for web hosting, I decided to start a blog. I have to tell you though, the screen shots online were better, since right now my traffic graph is just a horizontal line at 0.
  • My girlfriend just started one: inkyeagle.wordpress.com
  • I like to take photos and it'd be good to post the best ones here.
  • I wanna keep a journal of the things I do everyday so I don't forget. I kept one before and it was really fun to read through it and see how I've changed.
Alright, so there are probably a bunch of other reasons, but those are the ones I can think of, and since it's already taken me like over a week to write just one post, I'll just publish this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I made the list of reasons to start your blog :)